Facebook, although constantly challenged by social media platforms that are emerging such as Google+, remains the most popular among the social media networks with over 1.06 billion members. Businesses all around the globe finally comprehend the potential it holds in helping them achieve their goals in marketing and sales. Of the companies that have used Facebook, 41% of business to business companies and 62% of business to customer companies have indeed acquired a client from this platform.
Facebook Business Account
Due to the fact that social networks are constantly adding, removing and modifying features, it can become very time-consuming and even tricky to learn all the varying nuances about them. This cheat sheet will help you stay ahead of the pack so that you can indeed get the most out of Facebook advertising.
1. You Need a Business Page: In order to get the most out of Facebook, you need to create a business page that will represent the brand. A personal profile will not cut it. If you had created a profile already in the name of your business, you can easily convert it to a page.
2. Claim a Vanity URL for Your Page: Now that your business has a page, it is advisable to make it easy to find and share by making a vanity URL that is easily recognizable for example facebook.com/username
3. Put Up a Cover Photo that is Creative!: The design that they now have for their pages allows you to put up a cover photo measuring 851 by 315 pixels. This picture goes at the top of the business page. You want to be very creative with this photo so that you grab the attention of any new people who visit your page. Facebook has policies for the cover photos so make sure that you follow them. Any references to the share and like buttons on Facebook, as well as your website address, information about your business, mailing address and email address should be in the “About” section and not on the cover photo.
4. Automate Blog Content Publication: You will need to populate your timeline with relevant content. If you have a business blog, it is advisable for you to auto-post on to Facebook. Platforms such as Hootsuite, HubSpot and other social media management offer this particular feature automatically so that all you have to do is sync it to your business page. You should also make sure that you are engaging and talking with your fans on the page as well, not just auto-posting.
5. Use Complete Meta Descriptions on Your Blog Posts: When you post your links to the Facebook page, you will notice that it usually pulls an image and a short description as well. That short description is pulled from the blog page’s meta description. It is therefore important that you have a complete meta description that is also enticing so that you can make the most of its presence once it has been shared onto.
We’ll Give You 10 More Ways To Maximize Your Facebook
For more information on Facebook maximization and which steps and what tools you should keep in mind when using Facebook for business purposes, make sure to check out our following blog posts. In the meantime, try these suggestions and leave your comments here.