The internet marketing platform is rapidly changing and its influence continues to grow. With more and more people accessing the internet every day, contemporary marketing practices have shifted tremendously in a bid to exploit this new target market.
The numbers related to internet marketing reflect these ongoing changes; according to Global Web Index, 87% of internet users have a smartphone. This means millions of online users browsing for products on their smartphones daily.
An eMarketer study says digital marketing spending will surpass that of search ads and according to Cisco, online video will be responsible for 80% of internet traffic by 2021. The fact that 93% of shoppers’ buying decisions are influenced by social media also highlights the revolution that is ongoing in the internet marketing landscape.
To stay competitive in this volatile market, it is important to understand how digital marketing is going to impact your business. More importantly, you have to know which techniques to use. Not understanding the best way to drive your business forward can really hurt your chances of success.
Below are some of the most recommended digital marketing strategies are must-tries for every company:
- Choosing the right web design – A fancy website is no longer enough to boost ranking and traffic. As the center of all your digital marketing efforts, your website should be clean, easy to read and interesting. Good web design enhances the user experience by making it easier to navigate, which would reduce bounce rates. Make sure your web design grabs attention and is user-friendly.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) – This is a crucial strategy if you want to rank highly on search engine result pages (SERPs) for your target keywords. You can hire an SEO specialist or use an affiliate program for high-quality traffic which will also increase conversion.
- Articles and new stories – Building online visibility requires proactive action on your part. You can easily grow your brand by increasing mentions on articles and new stories where your target audience is likely to be looking.
- Email marketing – Email remains a highly effective marketing tool today. Ascend2 shows emails are used by 82% of B2B and B2C companies. These marketers enjoy conversion rates as high as 50% according to eMarketer. It is easier to personalize emails and the open rates are higher when you do so. An opt-in email list is also part of the strategy to attract high-quality users.
- Leveraging technical expertise – SEO consultants are highly experienced in the latest strategies and techniques. These experts will guide you using a new marketing strategy if your ongoing campaigns are failing. What’s more, they help unlock your company’s potential by giving an objective view. A qualified internet marketing guru also understands webmaster guidelines to avoid penalties.
Other recommended marketing strategies include blogging, using creative and playful content, giving giveaways, writing press releases to be published online and maximizing social media platforms.
There are many options and channels available for businesses to market themselves online. The point is to come up with a strategy that suits your business well. You might need to conduct a few experiments to get the results that you want, but with help from a digital marketing consultant, the results may be nearer than you think. You will also be saving a lot of time and effort when generating the most effective strategy for your business. Start now and contact us today.