Before launching a beautiful new website, it is essential to ensure that you are ready to drive traffic to it.
The logical place to start, is to run a cost per click (CPC) ad campaign to get immediate traffic on your site, but you’ll also want to make sure you’re putting in some long term SEO work so that you’ll eventually start to build some organic traffic.
There are two main SEO fundamentals when you think about organic rankings.
1. Have you built your website for your users?
This covers topics such as:
- Is the site easy to use?
- Is the site easy to navigate?
- Does the website load quickly and easily so that users can immediately get the information they are looking for?
- Does the site contain clear, easy to read and USEFUL information for your users?
- Does the website look good on a Mobile device? Is it responsive? I.e. will it resize (in a readable format) regardless of the device your user is using?
- Is it compatible with multiple different browsers? (I.e. Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge etc.)
- Do you use the language/tone that your audience understands?
2. Is your website easily crawlable by search engines?
- Are your on page SEO tags clearly labeled and in the right places?
- Have you used clean URL’s?
- Have you used consistent and relative keywords on each of your pages?
- Is it easy for search engines to understand your site map and how it’s laid out?
- Is the code you’ve used clean, free from unnecessary parts and easy for search engines to crawl?
- Since search engine bots can’t read images, have you implemented the correct titles and tags on your images?
The most important thing for new websites, is to start generating high quality, user friendly content. Followed very closely by excellent links, from reputable (and relative) website that lead the right kind of users to your website.
This is a very simplified look at the fundamentals of good SEO for a new website, and there are of course many more ranking factors – currently, there are more than 200 factors - that Search Engines such as Google take into consideration before ranking your new website.
Hopefully, this has given you a good place to start with your SEO strategy to improve organic rankings and drive the right users to your website.
Here are Island Media Management, we build websites that are SEO friendly, responsive and page speed optimized.
We do this without compromising on design quality, user experience and conversion. We aim to deliver websites that will deliver a return on investment. Get in touch with us today – we’d love to talk about how we can help you.